The number of Christians who are chronically ill screams loudly. Emails, prayer requests, facebook posts are saturated with their cry for healing. My friends, this does not have to be. God promises to heal us (Exodus 15:26). Jesus came so that we have abundant life (John 10:10), and He paid the price for our healing (Isaiah 53:5).
The following are keys, which when practiced diligently, will open the door to good health. Important to understand, overall, is that we are composed of body, soul and spirit. All three are inter-connected, and function and impact the other. (3 John 1:2) Therefore, we must practice good habits in all three areas to live a healthy prosperous life.
- Commit yourself totally to knowing Jesus. He’s your best friend, your Savior, your Lord, and the Lover of your soul. He went to the cross and paid for your healing. Take him up on His offer of life. (Luke 4:18) Understand your identity in Him and how much He loves you. (John 13:1)
- Read and study the Bible. It is your daily medicine. In it are the words of life, health, prosperity, and all things good. (Proverbs 4:22)
- Live a prayed up, fasted and disciplined life. Prayer and fasting serve to propel you into the purposes, plans and revelation God has for you. (Matthew 17:21) And let’s be very clear — SICKNESS is not part of God’s plan.
- Forgive. Do not hold onto unforgiveness, bitterness, anger or resentment. It is the #1 roadblock to healing and can lead to a myriad of sicknesses. (Matthew 6, Hebrews 12:15)
- Remember, you are in a spiritual battle. The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy us. (John 10:10) You must use every spiritual weapon against him, offensively and defensively. (Ephesians 6) Do not make sickness and disease your partner. It is to be despised and cast off.
- Develop healthy relationships. We are created to need each other. Having and maintaining healthy relationships builds your immunity, provides support in tough times, and fosters a positive outlook. (Proverbs 17:17)
- Eat right and exercise. Our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19) and as such, we should treat it as a holy place. Take good care of your body, feed it well, exercise, and practice good health habits.
- Get rid of darkness and everything that even looks demonic in your life. This may sound over the top, but don’t compromise here. If your immune system is weak, these kind of activities will make it even weaker. There is a long list, including acupuncture, Reiki and new age modalities, yoga, horror movies, violent video games, etc. which are toxic for the chronically ill. (Ephesians 5:8)
- Get rid of unhealthy relationships with stuff, habits and people. You know what they are…those things that are bad for you that consume your time, your energy and your life. (1 Peter 1:16)
- Visit The Healing Room. People spend time and money at the doctor’s office. Make your next appointment at The Healing Room for prayer. (James 5:16) Our teams have been trained to help you overcome the hurdles and roadblocks to your healing. We come alongside you in faith to minister healing, restoration, peace and joy.
Don’t wait another minute. Get started on your journey to a well-lived, healthy life. Walk down this path with Jesus. He is with you every step of the way!!